Monday, January 01, 2007

A 'Tatolic Holiday

So, I go home for the holidays thinking, time to bond with the family, catch up and talk about the good times....right?

Wrong!

Christmas Eve was spent thus:
Dad and brothers - watching 24, season 2 (mind you they have watched mpaka season 5)
Sis 1 - watching Lost
Sis 2 - watching Prison Break
The only tato-free ones were mum and I bonding till 4am in the morning. All the rest slept at 5am. And even in her case, she disappoints! This week, she got caught up in 24-Mania and ended up missing church the next day!

The only interruption was Christmas Lunch, if you can call it thus since it was so late it could have been Christmas Dinner - I settle for Christmas Dinch.

I am officially abandoning my family. Tato - feel free to take up my slot.

Today I took the first opportunity and bailed! Now sitting quietly in my space. Thinking about the year that was. Good year too, many good things happened including me joining the blogworld. And because of that I made many lovely friends, two of whom I have since met, egm and tato. Two opposites and both quite something. Hope to meet more in 07.


*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Happy New Year y'all (For the last time, phew!). Speaking of which, I received some gems this holiday from people who know my sense of humour:

3. HNY! (Laziness in action, lol)

2. Happy Christmas and a Merry Year New - no, wait...Merry Happy and New Chris - no, that's not it...Happy Year and Christmas Merry New -arghh!Christmas New and a Merry Happy Year - WTF! You know what I mean...hehehe....Enjoy.

1. Might as well get this done now - Happy New Year, Happy Valentines, Happy Birthday, Happy Easter, Good Morning X 365 days, Good Afternoon X 365 days, Good Night X 365 days, I dont have money X 365 days, and Merry Christmas. I am done with you for 2007!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Ok! Ok! I confess.

I watched a movie at the cinemas or at home for every single day I was on leave!

Yes egm - that is when I was not shopping, hehehe. There! I said it. Now let me be....

13 comments:

stackofstiffys said...

HYN! Oops, HNY to you too! Seems you had a blast this holiday mbaya mbovu, whatever that means. Enjoy.

Princess said...

Happy New Year to you!! May all your goals come to fruition in 2007!! A movie every single day..that is amazing!!

SisBigBones said...

Why is it that when you have time for some quality time with family/friends/significant other, that's the last thing on their mind? And then when you're busy? It happens naturally, hence the bloodshot eyes and gallons of coffee at work the next day...lol

Spidey/Tato said...

am in in the qrong family or what?

and why u fronting like u aint a tato urself...embrace it own it.

Ati EGM and i total opposites...hmmmm

egm said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Miss Ichiena? Lifestyle (aka Mama Boi), you have to try a little harder to convince me shopping isn't your career. It's like you and Nakumatt are joined at the hip!

Ati 'Tato and I are opposites? CT, let's kutana and verify that kabla I leave, ama?

Ichiena said...

@Stack: Mbovu Mbaya - i hear you.

@Princess: and i intend to do one a week for 07 - let's see if it can be accomplished.

@Sis: You know! Then they get on your case if you disappear for a while.

@Couch: Like I said, feel free to fill the slot.

@EGM: Ah, Baba Boy - wapi dawa ya Boy? Thought you went to get medication kumbe you went to give lapdances!

Anonymous said...

A tatoic holiday indeed. Do you want to take over tato's job. Couch leta shida! HNY to you too! May you achieve all you aspire to do and more. And those rumours about you starting a review blog niaje?

EGM - cough, sorry, baba boi, dawa ya mtoi?

Anonymous said...

Wee wacha!

Ati you are wishing us Happy Everything now!!!

I expect a birthday wish on the day!!!!


LOL!

Happy New Year luv! Have a timam one!

Nakeel said...

A blessed New year hope so far it is treating you well.
Was expecting to see your face somewhere.

Ichiena said...

@Aegeus: Uchokozi utawacha! Tato, I am not, repeat, not, taking over your job.

@Mocha: Aaaaaw! Shoot! Thought I had gotten away with it.

@Nakeel: My face somewhere? Where? Do tell.

Anonymous said...

Hey mate.. glad you had a swell christmas. Have a great new one, this!

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

Dem! Yaani even the folks have been ambukizwad 24 fever? What is the world coming to? Lakini that show is kidogo deadly. Happy New Year.

Ichiena said...

@Potash: Corr...I have this thing for brit accents. You start calling me "mate" na loho nalukaluka! HNY!

@Nyeuthi: Shameless! Shameless I tell ya. Mimi nimeponea but I dont know for how long...