Wednesday, January 03, 2007

This is a first...

It’s 3rd January 2007. I am back at work. And I have sorted out my files – ready to get started. My stationary’s back where it should be. My bring ups are ok. 2007 calendar where it should be.

But there’s one missing. My Resolutions. I always have my resolutions up by this time. This once though I don’t have them. 1st is usually spent contemplating the year ahead and I am always upbeat about it. I make new resolutions gleefully, full of optimism – after all it is a new year!

I have actually been making them – small ones. Might even be deemed insignificant. But I have not WRITTEN them down. I always write them down. I carry them with me everywhere. A reminder of where I would like to be on 1st January 2008.

Perhaps with the passing of yet another year makes it all seem pointless? I cannot help but feel I am at the same place I was on 1st January 2006. As I go through the modalities of getting back on the saddle of normal life, I cannot help but feel bleak. So it’s 2007 – so what!! I will probably do the same stuff over and over again – make friends, part ways with some friends (perhaps it’s not all bleak after all…..hehehehe), be even more outgoing, less outgoing with others, work hard, be lazy……

I am afraid to grow?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

This seems apt for today - Depreciation in the Working Environment!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HNY (Ichiena 2007) LOL. Seems like your new year is up to an unsure start. What gives?

Spidey/Tato said...

feel that flavor of goin back to work...but i watched 2 movies 2 series for u today and jana 4series episodes and one movie

am looking out

Don_quixote said...

hey Ichiena pole about the melancholy its where i am, am trying to shun the mistake of last year, without making any real attempts at trying to get to the root of how to seriously avoid them. On lighter note though its good to see you back knowing that the good homour will soon sink in, the melancholy will soon get forgotten

Archer said...

Happy new year Ichiena! By the way, there are pending questions that you need to answer over at Aegeus' blog!

Ichiena said...

@Aegeus: Ichiena 2007 - mhmmmm. Me likey. What gives...er....Monday/Wednesday blues?

@Couch: (I am sticking out my toungue and rolling my eyes at you!)

@Don: Spot on! I have underlined "mistake", "real attempts" "seriously avoid". The melancholy will pass I can assure you. Yep, like gas, it will pass...hehehe

@Archer: Kechic Bhajia! Kenchic Bhajia! Not even Steers Lunchbox!! Aaaauuuuu - let me go and sharpen my pangkha!

Princess said...

Happy New Year!! It is hard to believe it is already 2007.

SisBigBones said...

Hmmm...is there something inherently wrong with 2007? For some strange reason, I haven't heard anyone go about the usual new year rituals and excitement. Everyone I know (and read about) is pretty pessimistic this year at worst and indifferent at best, me being on the top of that list. What's going on?

I'm sorry girl, I hope your year gets better with time. I'm waiting for mine to start brightening up, but so far, the three days of 2007 have been blah. I've somehow managed to cry everyday this year. Something's not right....**hugs**

egm said...

Did that Cheruiyot dude at Vic's joint mess you up big time with his "kununulia watoto chakula" comment? Pole dada. Hopefully things will brighten up.

gishungwa said...

Guess tis never too late to say " Happy new year" else dontcha worry you will get the hang of it hopefully sooner then later.

Anonymous said...

to quote u - "....So it’s 2007 – so what!!...... "

gotta send u the lyrics of the song "So What" by Anti-Nowhere League. yeah, so what! let the year roll on.

Unyc said...

happy new yr.

Do u keep ur resolutions till the end of the yr? If not then no lose, but if u do....better start fasting...heheee....

u'll probably watch 2 movies in 5 hrs tyme. U n tato need help.

bantutu said...

"Karibu sana Bantutu!!"....Thanxx!!
Yeah those resolution things are a major drag!! Stopp'd making them when dissolutionment finally sunk in...Yani I was even undoing the gud I'd done in the previous mwaka...major drag..

Dorcas,Here I come me lady..
Take 2..

bantutu said...

Io Kilami yangu najua inashida ati disill...nani!