Sunday, December 24, 2006

Quick Guide Needed: How To Start A Fire...

...with sticks. A very fast and short lesson, preferably within the hour would be appreciated. All I can figure is that the sticks should be dry. Help me.

Yaani, this is a post on the run because it's a cry for help. The siblings went home so I got the opportunity to clean up. I have just completed first half of "Spring Cleaning", next half due after 26th. So I am packing up for the long trip home and I get an "urgent" text. That I should carry a matchbox home.

Eeek!

There is no kiosk where i stay. And being a Sunday, tough luck in getting one open anywhere. The only option is supermarkets. Now, I was there yesterday and it is an experience I never ever ever ever want to repeat. It's Christmas y'all and everyone is shopping. Entire families are shopping. Even pets are shopping. The queues. They are so long they should be called queueueues.

So, I am stuck. They need a matchbox. Now way am I going back into a supermarket. Like i said, Quick Guide Needed: How to start a fire with sticks.

Merry Christmas to you all and take a minute, an hour, a day and MAKE it merry for someone who needs it more.

Be safe whatever you do.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ich. Merry christmas. I never joined the scouts, almost joined the girl guides though... hmmm pets are shopping? anyhew enjoy your time with the folks!

egm said...

I hope you had a blast at Christmas with the clan. Pole for the queueueus you had to endure. Hopefully the march to the new year won't be as punishing!

Spidey/Tato said...

u have not mentioned the inches u treated yourself to?

Ichiena said...

@aegeus: Had a blast! Matchbox or not.

@egm: the queueueueueus have reduced! Take a moment to sigh in relief.

@couch 'tato: now youuuuu...I am still glowing and you have to go and announce to the entire world what we were up to...Sawa. It's official, you are inched!

Don_quixote said...

LOL, Happy New year gal, i was a scout/girlguide/ranger/morouding hooligan back in the day but am sure you dont need advice on how to light a fire no more.

SisBigBones said...

Too late for xmas wishes, but I'm on time to shout HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :)

Juju said...

happy new year!! I was a gal scout and can light a fire with 2 dry sticks... never thot it'd come in handy!!

Archer said...

LOL @ queueueueues & Aegeus almost joining the girl guides! And what is this inching biz that you and 'tato are getting into? Share it! Otherwise I guess new years wishes are quite in order. Happy January! (lets see if anyone will actually enjoy 31st knowing that January ni kesho!)

Ichiena said...

@don: Ha! I knew I was forgetting something. I never did get those matches, tsk, tsk.

@sis: HNY to you too!

@nimimitu: 2 sticks, hey? Weweeeee!

@Archer: They WERE quite literally queueueues. Aegeus we are still fixing. On Tato, a lady doesnt, er.. ahem!... and tell. I am already depressed that it's Jan.

Unknown said...

Thanks

Ahamed said...

I have the perfect thing for you, found it a while ago while looking for a tutorial on starting a fire with sticks. It explains it well and you will have the fire cracking in no time. Check it out here: http://hikingmastery.com/skills/starting-a-fire-with-sticks.html

Unknown said...

Christian dating sites are gaining in popularity because they allow compatible people of the same faith to find each other. And if you're also thinking of looking for a date or your ideal partner through Christian dating sites, this article offers a 3 point quick guide on what you can look out forhttp://bowhuntingus.beep.com/

Thomas Venney said...

Wondering how Garmin Fish Finders work? Many people starting with this hobby want to know this. But before I will tell you how they work, let's start with an overview about fishing. Click here