Monday, May 28, 2007

Tagged again....

So Mocha in all her wisdom decided to tag me. I didn’t do a podcast but came close. Be warned though. Feel free to watch subject to the following disclaimers:

- You may be traumatized by the sight of certain body parts.
- Any reference to my accent (or lack thereof, LOL) and you are dead to me!
- It is incomplete – I ran out of memory (phone and my brain).
- For the avoidance of doubt, the resulting tagees are Spidey, Archer, Wanja Kihii, Unyc, Milo and Bants. And I wanted to throw in a wild card who’s quite the interesting chap and that’s you Kirima. A podcast on 5 reasons why you blog my dears.



Otherwise, I was home over the weekend – home is where my parents are at, in Ngong that is. Nice. Pretty nice. And I got this pic – true Kenyanism, don’t you think?


Home was quite the change from the noisy hustle and bustle of Nairobi life – so peaceful and you actually wake up to the sound of chirping birds and bleating goats. Then I strongly suspect I put on some weight. What is it with mothers and their crusade to feed their kids to explosion. And it’s not just your mother or mine, but all mothers. Actually, most women over 50 seem to be on the same wavelength. They were all ultrathin during their time and now they are trying to fatten us! Anyway, if you think people who are overweight have a problem, then you need to talk to those who never seem to put on weight. There’s nothing as annoying as always being treated like an invalid simply because you are not of the “desired weight” which if my female relatives had their way I’d be 70Kgs and/or over (I’m picturing a honeymoon gone bad after Mr. Ichiena breaks his back carrying me). Never you mind that I am not emaciated or teetering on verge of collapse; or that this has been my constant weight for some years now; or that no doctor has ever raised any concern over my weight. I love my body as is but once in a while I get doubtful due to external criticism. And these can make or break up a person. Really. Having grown up surrounded by beautiful siblings who were constantly being praised by everyone around, I grew up without any confidence in my physical self; the single-minded belief that I was ugly. It seemed to me that whenever anyone commented on my body it was to make fun of my gangly frame (and I was) or criticize my unfeminine self – anything but rarely positive. The positive praise was my brain. I figured that’s why I fared ok in school – I had something to prove, you know.

I eventually grew out of the low self esteem. Sometimes I wonder whether that was the reason for my number 7 (Which raised surprising theories to which the answer, for the record, is no. I love Dick too much). Anyway, the growing pains were an important lesson – unless you have constructive criticism, don’t.

And before I forget, for those clamoring for UG pics, bad news. I rely on a ten year old hand-me-down camera from dad and half my roll got burnt. Yes, I am over it. Nevertheless, long post coming up (dear-Lord-help-me). Good thing is that there are photos on this link. Let's see who amongst you can figure out who I am. Spot Ichiena and there may be a prize in it! Of course if you know what I look like, you are automatically disqualified - unless you are misleading the rest...hehehe.

So, I got back to work today and I am still amazed that I have managed to do this post. I am dying in the office. Have heaps of files threatening to topple over and clients breathing fire. But good news - got a surprise pay rise!!! Not as good as I had hoped so I still hope to get it increased.

And finally (wa! - a short post threatening to get long), looking forward to the holiday weekend. Rhino Charge here we come! What will you be up to?

Aaaand PHEW - WHY MEN'S PROBLEMS ARE RARELY PUBLISHED IN THE "DEAR AMANI COLUMN"!

Dear Amani,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs...phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot lately although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. I hear a car driving off, as if she was dropped off round the corner. Maybe she wasn't in a taxi. I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and to stop checking up on her. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. Perhaps deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I made up my mind to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home.

It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil. Do you think this is something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks,
Deeply Distressed Husband

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem! First! **doing a jig**

Anonymous said...

That joke K.I.L.L.E.D. Now as for thee pics si you are the one on that picture that shows that chick? Now where is that prize, ama i am not correct? Will comment on the video when you tube makes it available. No dumping here eh? Why waste the paint and a couple of good nails as well as a good PLANK? **edd edd and eddy**

Anonymous said...

I will reserve comments on that video. yaani someone call the fire service! Its on fire! Then i get a small tiny mention? How? **pout** Si ungetumeko salamu huko kastlu achias filee ii bodgast ni tirii guater ya guonana!! HEhehehehehe!!

egm said...

For sure, that joke uad! Wssupp Mama Boi! Shoutout received raud adi crearary! Mingi shugran! Good thing I did mine, otherwise I'd be sweating bullets right now! I know which one is you! Si it's the one wearing... :) Good you overcame the issue of looks. Being the shortest one in the family (both immediate and extended), I totally feel you on that. As for long weekend, eh, I'm just coming out of one. I might just tell my boss it's a public holiday digz and I can't go to work cause of that. Think he'll listen?

Unknown said...

You know I lie low when I sense a tag coming up. now you go ahead and tag me ouch! Podcast might wait till I am near the technology to make it possible. Meanwhile I am going over the photos with a fine tooth.
That joke killed me really.

Half 'n' half said...

That joke, hilarious! Here I was feeling sorry for the dude and then.... Foko Jembe
let me see if you tube will allow

Archer said...

Wachanga! Ata mi sijuangi podcast ni nini!

Anonymous said...

If you want clues - i can be bought! Any takers? I will sell her out for a few pieces of silver!

WanjaKihii the tomboy said...

Whats with touchy touching your mguu? mahanjam nini? I posted the 5 reasons why i blog!
The accent!! {risking death}

Unyc said...

Gal, mpaka Rhino Charge. Pliz lets switch lives. Lakini u r my big sis n i look upto u. One day i will travel kama wewe. How ws Mama Ichi?

Anonymous said...

You are fidgetty! Ama it is to distract us from the half of a double decker? Lakini nice podcast hata hivyo. Good thing I am not tagged coz sijui nitaanzia wapi.

I know you. Si wewe ni huyo hapo katikati?

Anonymous said...

was squinting squinting at the pics ati ndio i try and spot ure polish somewhere there>>mmh, dint work!

ati distressed hubby and the way i had started tafutaing solutions for him.

Ichiena said...

@Methu: Er...what happened to our deal? Ama I do not count? Ehe?

@Baba Boi: The long weekend kicked! Kicked kabisa. I am now settled.

@Kirima: Hapana excuses...si I am just returning the favour...:) Did the fine tooth comb reveal anything or anyone?

@NusuNusu: Kwanza Happy Belated Birthday! So did Utube behave eventually?

@Archer: Tut tut. Podcast my dear. On your phone you can do it.

@Wanja: Mhmmmmmmm....:)

@Unyc: Mama Ichi's good. At least my disinheritence has been deferred for now.

@Bomseh: Heh! Dude you are sharp. I think you are the only one who noticed that. Eeeeh, I am the one katikati ya between the left and right people.

@Betty: LOL! Polish comes off you know! Karibu kwangu.

BrokenStreetLight said...

ha ha ha...ati yule ako katikati Bomseh!!?? anyho, i liked the vid, bt u cud have shown us kidogo leggies..:))

Anonymous said...

Baaaaana, your 'cast is taking forever to load. meanwhile naona nilegis hapo...

as for the pix, do i qualify? ug must have been a blast. you seem to have the right crowd.

nasikia visad nilihata charge ya rhino. niliruka saaana nikaamka na maumivu. waking up was a 'rhino charge' experience in itself.

i'll be back when 'your tube' loads...

nice joke. hehehe

Anonymous said...

madam si we ni mfiggety....relaSk. whta's beneath the...you know...hope hauko commando(ess)...haha.

drat, it's fikaing nusu and kwamaing.

Prousette said...

Now from the legs I have seen, you cannot be underweight by any standards lakini make Mama Ichi happy and tuck in on those things.

Anonymous said...

Yaani...that vidcast (supposed to be a podcast, but you are forgiven)....WACHA TUU!!!

Ok, I am playing catch up, can you blame me.

Yaani, I almost broke my glasses trying to rub my eyes in disblief. Those miguus...!

As for the joke and pic....TIHIHIHIHI!!!