Tuesday, May 15, 2007

SS....

Useless Trivia: Just I was doing this post, I realised the initials SS apply in English (Seven Secrets) and Swahili (Siri Saba). Nice, hey?

A character and another character decided to tag me and have given me restless nights ever since. Yaani, my blog is about my life, drama in my life, me, me and more me (I am shameless). So what more could I possibly share that I already haven't in the past? So, here's some stuff that I have probably already shared before but don't remember...they will just have to do.

1. I have lived in all the major towns in Kenya. Was born in Nairobi, have stayed in Embu, Nakuru, Kisii, Kisumu, Mombasa (both Mombasa Mainland and the Island), back to Nairobi, Ngong (which I hear is in Kajiado) and now back to Nairobi. At some point (during the angry teens) I figured my parents were crooks running away from the law, LOL! So when I hear people talking of having lived in the same home since childhood and having childhood pals, I don't get it. Because of this, my closest pals go back to campus days. Before that, I was flitting through life.

2. I am kidogo obsessive. I can get strange obsessions like a period in my life where i used to count steps. Yep. I had this warped mentality that my legs should deal with steps equally so if I take a flight of eight steps, 4 must be taken with one leg, 4 with the other. If they are an odd number, then I will take three with one leg and next time I use them, I will take 3 with the other leg. I was pretty mad. But that passed.

3. I have never flown and I don't know how to drive. I am old. Trust me, it still shocks even me that I have not bothered to learn. I did go through the phase some time back and did kidogo steering but then I stopped. I don't remember why. I guess it's because I don't really need it right now since I am a walking Kenyan and I remain comfortable that way.

4. I am shortsighted. I used to wear glasses but one day I just put them down and never put them on again. I can be stubborn like that. So now I squint when looking at my toes and I easily pass people on the street because I cannot see them although I must admit I have also used this to my advantage by passing those that I DO know. A character is determined to get me wearing specs again, we will see how this goes.

5. I like challenges but I easily get bored once it's done. The harder it is the better, and if I have to teach myself (my F1 key is the most worn out) even better. Hence the Rubiks Cube, 1000 plus puzzles, Programming (started blogging because of HTML), playing a flute, Sewing, Crossword, Sudoku and Salsa phase. Currently I am in a Swimming phase.

6. I think my name is P. Ichiena i.e. Procrastination Ichiena. I am a procrastinator of the worst kind. I can wait until the very very very very very last moment to do this (like this post...I know if I don't do it now, it's gonna wait till next Monday so here I am!). I still wonder how I managed to get by in school - I used to start reading for exams in the last week!

7. I have never been in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

Phew - I am done. This turned out to be rather hard. I want to share yet I am not sure what is sharing too much, or what is being vague. I had to sweat - oops...er...- perspire (:-)) this one out. And the hardest part, who to tag since the regulars all seem to have been tagged. Think I'll go with the hibernators: Wanja, Couch Potato, Don Q and Sis Big bones.

So, now back to business. Kampala here I cooooome.....here's to a safe, fruitful and fun trip. Packing's all done - camera, check; discman (ipod? nini hiyo?), check; CDs, check; passport, check....cheers. Hope to get back within the week, so until then:

Welcome to the family?
My wonderful girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married.

There was only one little thing bothering me. It was her beautiful younger sister. My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight miniskirts, and generally was bra less. One day "little" sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted to make love to me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister.

Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word.

She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come up and get me." I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. When she reached the top she pulled off her panties and threw them down the stairs at me. I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to the front door.

I opened the door and headed straight towards my car.

Lo and behold, my entire future family was standing outside, all clapping! With tears in his eyes, my future father-in-law hugged me and said, "we are very happy that you have passed our little test.....we couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family."

If only they knew that I kept a box of condoms in my car....

Scam Warning: Man to men
Many of you shop at Nakumatt and you need to be aware of a scam being perpetrated at various Nakumatt sites. I am posting this to you to warn you of something that happened to me, as I have become victim of a clever scam while out shopping. This happened to me at Nakumatt at the Junction and it could happen to you. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping in the boot. They both start wiping your windscreen with a rag and Windolene, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another Nakumatt . You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over onto the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, twice on Thursday, and also today. They also plot to rob me again tomorrow.

Pink Dress
A man and his wife were spending the day at the zoo. She was wearing a loose fitting, pink dress, sleeveless with straps. He was wearing his usual jeans and T-shirt. As they walked through the ape exhibit, they passed in front of a large, silverback gorilla.

Noticing the wife, the gorilla went crazy. He jumped on the bars, and holding on with one hand and 2 feet he grunted and pounded his chest with his free hand. He was obviously excited at the pretty lady in the pink dress.

The husband, noticing the excitement, thought this was funny. He suggested that his wife tease the poor fellow some more by puckering her lips and wiggling her bottom. She played along and the gorilla got even more excited, making noises that would wake the dead. Then the husband suggested that she let one of her straps fall to show a little more skin.

She did. And the gorilla was about to tear the bars down.

"Now. Show your thighs and sort of fan your dress at him," he said. This drove the gorilla absolutely crazy, and he started doing flips.

Then the husband grabbed his wife, ripped open the door to the cage, flung her in with the gorilla, slammed the door shut and said;

“Now tell him you have a headache."

And in view of this being an election year, I thought this was rather apt. Don't you?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

itchy...as i scratch there...nimeona mtu mwingine kaa mimi...kumbe pia wewe ni huendesha SHOE-ZUKI. i'm into challenges too and get bored too when done. hey i sew too...bags and hats...i'l do a post one day about bags...SUDOKU? lovely game.

kula heppi ug kabisa! nikupoa mbaya.

ps. what's that mars/venus story? next on my read-list.

Anonymous said...

Position safe, long post....wacha i eat breakfast kwanza...i swurr i will be back! :-)

WanjaKihii the tomboy said...

Mmmhhh........
Counting steps...Msichana thats Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Milonare said...

Hmmm... Nice Siri Seven aka Secrets Saba...

Neva been in a boy-girlfriend relationship??? kwani you operate girl-on-girl ama youre a virjo like Milo ROTFLMAO! NimeChill!!

LOL times 40 @ Modo's Shoe-Zuki

Anonymous said...

I think living in different places is great you have tonnes of storos to tell. Nyce trip. Get us some matoke from champara

Half 'n' half said...

NEVER? EVER? driven, flown, had a boyfriend? You nees to do that list of 50 things to do before I die!

Like you though I have lived in many different places!

Salamia Bessigye!

Anonymous said...

Loving that Pink dress! LMAO

You can do no. 5 but cant drive? si u take as a challenge?

Naona route 11 tuko wengi with modo'd SHOE-ZUKI. Lakini hii stori ya kewekwa Globe roundabout & walking mpaka past Parliament.. AAAIII hapana - am shoping for a real suzuki!

I also get bored easily.

hebu confirm milo gal-on-gal theory.. LOL

egm said...

You know what else SS could mean!

#2 If I don't watch it, that can be me. I have to completely avoid looking at where I step, especially on sidewalks with a patterned arrangement, since both feet have to land on the exact same arrangement. I totally understand this! So nowadays I look forward and walk.

#5 Still insisting on the flute? :)

#7 Ditto

In light of 7 and the jokes for the day, eh, you seem to have quite a bit on your mind about a particular subject!

Happy Champararing!

Anonymous said...

1. Been there
2. Still there, hata volume ya radio must be an odd number!
3. You are on your own!
4. I am long sighted
5. Ditto
6. Isnt it very difficult to begin a task? once its going it is a different story though, just you try stopping me!
7. Me, no. have had several...

Now dearest, siri iko wapi? Hehehehe

jke said...

What a picture, lol!

mama shady said...

ai ive chekad!#1-even living in the same place for ages doesnt mean mob childhood pals.#2-youre not the only one i actually thought its only chics who get like this, but after egm, i see. I used to have to use different legs when stepping out of the bathroom or doing some task or something. to be fair to all limbs(heh)#4-me too!although i do have to wear my specs sometimes.that welcome to the family story..alala!

Unknown said...

Sorry for checking in late but top marks for being a sport and tagging along.
1. I have also lived in 3of those -Nai,Embu and Ngong (stuck in the middle one)
5. I also like puzzles I have Sudoku on my cellphone and PDA
6. I totally hear you on this
7. Really!!
I think I have to vote for you as having the funniest jokes in blogland ever I actually laughed out loud on the first one.

Chatterly said...

Your list is great. # 7 asiii? how come?
# 6 - welcome to the club...reading for exams last minute and still you make it. it makes you wonder what kinda marks you'd have gotten if you would have somaad since kitambo :-)
LOL @ that joke.
have fun in kampala...uregee with reasons why you blog coz i have tagged you :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL...the pic is just priceless!

Alafu, #7 followed by the 'Welcome to the Family' had me scrolling up and down to confirm they werent related. So, I have to ask, are you a lesbo?

Thanks for the wishes....

Spidey/Tato said...

haiya tato doesnt do tags(try Nick-but atasema ako pax)...tho he can convert them to tato-ey questions

Princess said...

Hilarious!!!!

Juju said...

that last joke is cruel :( loved the rest tho!!!

Unyc said...

I used 2 count steps but never went beyond that...lol.

Never been in a r/ship....really. Dont know if 2 wow or wow noooot...

Hv fun in UG gal

? said...

I love this. I just had to lol

btw: nice blog...and hope to see you around.

Ichiena said...

@Modo: Shoezuki, lol! That's a good one. I tell ya I wear out my shoes so fast...tsk tsk.

@Aegeus: Un'shiba sasa?

@Wanja: I know. But it's a done deal - over and out.

@Milo: I wrote that and the thought of misinterpretation then I figured I'd wait and see who'd bring it up first and you won!!! Virjo my ***!

@Jamvi: I ate enough matoke to last me a lifetime. Sadly, no effect on the tush. Yet.

@Inexes: Driving is not a challenge. I know I can do it; I just cannot be bothered...tsk. Gal-on-gal theory is...erm...a theory.

@Baba Boi: Aaah, dude, I saw your one minute of fame - nope, your chest's one minute of fame. I am still tearing so I cannot even read your comment without laughing! OK....yep. I also did the skipping crack one - ala that Jack Nicholson movie. I insist on flute :). No 7 - haki what have I started?

@Agi: We! Shhhhhhhhhh!

@JKE: It took political promises to draw you out! Haha! Miss your gishagi posts.

@M'me Shady: At least it means some childhood pals - i have none. You'd be surprised but it made me who I am and may have contributed to 7. Strange.

@Kirima: So late for a tagger! Lakini after seeing your latest background, all's forgiven. :) And yep. Really.

@Chatterly: Thanks dear. 7 can happen. Aaaaargh...Chatterly. Another tag!! I am just recovering from this one.

@Mocha: Wawawa! Milo - see what you started jameni. I may have to produce photographic evidence of my non-lesbo or otherwise!

@Tato: Aha! No more double identity? You have accepted your alter ego? Lakini thanks for responding in spite of your kichwa ngumu....mhmmmmmhmhmhm.

@Princess: Glad you enjoyed it. I look back and think I might be mad after all.

@Majonzi: the pink dress or political promise? I loved political promise - so apt.

@SmallSis: I think I need to write a book. Ah, UG rocked.

Unknown said...

Karibu Nyumbani. We await the book eagerly.

Ichiena said...

I forgot - Modo, you sew?

@Pseudo-independent: Glad you enjoyed it. Welcome back again.

Ichiena said...

Lakini Kirima wewe umepenyea wapi? You are stalking me? LOL!