Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Continuation...

So here I was, spending a quiet Saturday afternoon at home. It's raining, I am in bed, under layers and layers of blankets. Fast asleep. Then someone is papasaing me and shaking me awake. I fight through the fog of sleep and wake up to see Wanja the Kihii! What if I had been in the middle of a dream induced by my last post and smacked her one? That reminds me a story from high school...let me digress actually.

I used to be in this school with long corridors. And when the bell rang, chicks would run helter skelter along those corridors to get to class. Quiet a number of accidents happened on those corridors. And the teachers were not spared either. And one particular one (we called him MaTeeth (students are cruel!)) shared his traumatising experience with generations of chicks, me included. It went thus:

It happened one hot afternoon. No one wanted to get back to class...the heatwave made learning the last thing on ones mind. And so when the 2.00pm bell rang, it was like trying to get Ichiena to blog - no syke whatsoever. But then MaTeeth appeared in the corridor and the gals all realised they would be in deep shaite. So the marathons begun. But of course, while the lighter ones were quick and agile, the heavier ones were not so lucky. Two "bodies" running from opposite ends of a corridor, gasping, panting for breath and all their wits gone because they had spotted MaTeeth. Running at full speed - if you can call it that. So Mateeth looks North and she's lumbering towards him like a runaway lorry. He looks South and you'd think there were banshees from hell chasing after her. Lumbering. Banshees. Lumbering. Banshees. Lumberiiiiing! Bansheeeessssss!

And it was more than a kiss!

The end.

Whenever I meet MaTeeth in town I still remember that story. MaTeeth is the same one who used to tell us whenever we dozed, which was often; "Wake up you! I will throw you out of the window and your breasts will come flapping after you!"

Ha. Ok. Now I have written more than I intended and someone is hounding me for the lap---Wanjaaaaa! Ok, I am getting off. You Kihii!

And as always, a joke for today:

Ichiena goes to a bar in London.

A man to Ichiena's left tells the Bartender,"

JOHNNIE WALKER, SINGLE."

And the man's companion says, "JACK DANIELS, SINGLE."

The bartender approaches Ichiena and asks," AND YOU, MADAM?"

Ichiena replies: "ICHIENA KAMAU, MARRIED."

9 comments:

WanjaKihii the tomboy said...

Ichiena....ichiena...well thanks for updating and making my dday and more so for "dedicating" the entire blog to me.
P.s you were so buried under the blankets nilikuwa napapasa duvet!...were you under there?

Anonymous said...

Groping what!?

Hilarious post. I recall with great pain and a very visible scar on my upper lip where my front teeth bit through it and embedded themselves in a poor girl's forehead. 300 stitches and some reconstructive surgery. Running helter skelter in the dark in socks on a polished floor? Not a good idea.

Aegeus, single, straight up?!

PROUD NYEUTHI said...

I died when I read this post. For real. Kicheko!!!

Anonymous said...

I read your comment. Si you drop me a line at sylkwan@hotmail.com

Ps/nice post

POTASH said...

Lumbering Banshees.. Lumbering Banshees.. almost aliterative. Such a nice phrase, but it would take a dead Irishman!

lukas said...

You are funny.

modoathii said...

hahahahahahahaaha..(snort)

kwanza, your clock is moving like those fake "ad" clocks that come before news.

wanja, you were doing what?

ichiena nime-enjoy.

Princess said...

This was tooo funny..you have a great sense of humor.

Prousette said...

mami, I do get high on reading your posts, like this one. LOOOOL!!!
Mateeth!! goodness!