Monday, August 20, 2007

How do I skive?

I need to disappear this Friday. I am not sure whether I can ask for the day off. I am actually sure there's a 95% chance I will be turned down .
Why? Because I am practically in charge of an entire department right now. Mhmm, come to think of it, I am in charge of one half of the office. Have been since the start of this month with the mdosi off galavanting overseas for his annual leave. It's hard work. It's also uplifting to know I can be entrusted with this level of responsibility.
 
Then it's tiring. I need a break. Ergo (always wanted to use/ misuse that word since The Matrix!) the need to skive. I want to go to Mara this weekend. For the Wild Beeste migration. Only thing is the group leaves town on Friday morning. I am expected in the office on Friday. So far I haven't scheduled any meeting for Friday and I do not intend to for obvious reasons.
 
Only thing is how to get out of coming to the office. I find it hard to lie. Half an hour lie I can hack - full day on a Friday is another story. What excuse should I cook up? There's no way to say I am going on a holiday (much as I really need it).
 

This is a priceless snap of my feet this past Saturday. I walk into a pals house - remove my shoes and putter all over the place only to realise hours later I had on mismatched socks!!! I thought mismatching socks was a domain left to men? This is proof of my current frame of mind, hence the need to take a break. It is also a test to see if I can post photos on posts done via email.

 


An old man and his wife were sitting in bed watching a T.V. evangelist and the evangelist said, "To those of you at home watching if you have any part of your body that causes you discomfort then place one hand on the T.V. and the other on that part of your body"

Well the old woman had been having some troubles with her stomach. So she placed one hand on the T.V and the other on her stomach. She looked at her husband and he had one hand on the T.V and the other down his pants.

She looked at him and said: "My dear he's healing the sick, not raising the dead!"


 

12 comments:

Archer said...

Um...perhaps you could feign sickness? Just act really sick on Thursday afternoon so that it won't raise any suspicion when you call in sick on Friday morning.

So where are the feet? I don't see any mismatched socks!

Raising the dead? Ha! That wife is cold!

Seasons & Reasons said...

As an employer, I would urge you not to lie. Imagine what would happen if you are in Mara and a friend of your boss sees you.

If you explain to your boss the situation the way you have written, I cant see him refusing..honest does pay

Nakeel said...

Its hard to lie especially that you dont know what the boss is upto the next days just ask for permission like a good gal and jitetee vilivyo. Will cross my fingers for you.
The mbicha is not there.

Anonymous said...

DONT LIE! Imagine you do then as you are enjoying the beasts (LOL) a cameraman decides your smile is worth a show @CNN or BBC or whatever.... Jitetee roho safi!

No Photos! Mismatched socks huh? nowadays i have a problem with shirts cufflinks! but the dim light in my bedroom explains it... LOL

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, woi that is a tall order! Si you are mdosi now, operate by phone mpaka you fika huko where there is no network si monday you come sort out whatever came up on Friday au. Did i make sense? Anywho, i want that mbisha..i see no socks!

Anonymous said...

Just ask the mdosi it never hurts you may be surprised that he will approve your Friday off.
Hakuna socks!!

egm said...

Have to agree with those who call for honesty. And as S&R says, explaining as you've written here will probably sway them to grant you the day off.

Unknown said...

so are you going to work or not?

3N said...

hope you were able to Lie and get the day off

rule of thumb is never to kill a living relative or use a chronic sickness otherwise be creative and you will succeed quite well in lying

speaking of which I am not working on friday too lakini I didn't lie

I hear that people who lie increase their probability of going to hell

mwasjd said...

You could do what your boss did and delegate. Otherwise if leave was turned down, huna choice. And we all still want to become a mdosi...

Anonymous said...

Hope your boss hasn't discovered your blog

And hope also that you are never invited (or get a scholarship) to one of those "blogging conferences" that forces you to reveal your identity

And please do not leave your photos lying around

AND THEN YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND LIE LIKE A TRUE KENYAN POLITICIAN

VoIP Services Los Angeles said...

I used to be looking for this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thank you and good luck.